Wednesday 27 May 2015

Woman of the House.

Day 4

So Today I was feeling a bit down and decided to do my hair and make up and wear a pair of my favourite sunglasses with my domestic worker outfit.

The reactions I got today where mixed  but most people asked me if I was sleeping with my Madam's husband or if I got a wage increase. I laughed it off and carried on with my day.

I have heard many stories of domestic workers getting it down with the man of the house. Some do it because they are too scared to lose their jobs when the man makes advances and others do it simply to show the lady of the house that they too are capable.

If I was going to be running another woman's household then how can my employer not expect me to take over and be the woman of the house.

After 4 days in the Job, today I am feeling more confident. and i am more positive that ever that just like any other job I can climb the appropriate ladder and get myself a promotion.

This is after all the new South Africa.


No comments:

Post a Comment